Saturday, June 23, 2007

Secretly Related to Stephen Fry.

"Hannah! You will NOT believe what I just saw on Pho Hue!"

Hannah is not easily ruffled.

"I was on my bike, and I saw these two guys, and the one sitting behind stood UP, and it looked like he was fighting the other guy on the bike! I was afraid they were drunk and going to splat in front of me and--"

"Vietnamese Fire Drill, right?"

"--huh?"

"When two people on a bike switch places, from passenger to driver. Like a Chinese Fire Drill, where people get out of a car, then crowd back inside so they're sitting in different places when they drive off."

"Um...yeah."

I don't even bother asking how she knows, because Hannah knows everything. If if she really doesn't, her cut-glass English accent makes it seem like she does. The trouble living with smart and worldly people is that most of our conversations go like that.

No comments: