Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Jelly Belly

The bloom is off the rose and changes are afoot. Or is that in the air? I can never keep my figures of speech straight.

Speaking of change and figures, one of the kindly techs pinched some of my belly flab the other day and pegged my weight gain to the kilo. She said I'd been looking a little too skinny, which I found confusing, because most Vietnamese girls make beanpoles look like Sophia Loren. However, I could definitely do without the added roundness; luckily, Thu, while rubbing my tummy at a book signing (as one does) noted that it was very soft, which meant it would be easier to get rid of.

She's a yoga instructor. Have you ever seen a fat yoga instructor?

2 comments:

Juli said...

I know an English teacher in my city who doesn't understand English. or Chinese, for that matter.

I would raise my children in Taiwan for it high quality English education. really.

Juli said...

by the way, glad to know you're still alive. was wondering what you might have been doing ;)